03 Feb She’s Pregnant – Now What?
She missed a period; everything can change fast. What happens next may be her decision, however, she may care about your opinion.
Here are a few steps to making the best choice for both of you – together.
1. She wants to make sure she’s pregnant. Offer to go with her to the appointment.
2. Let her know she is important to you. She’s carrying the baby, but suddenly you are both parents.
3. Listen to her thoughts and feelings. What excites her? What does she fear?
4. Share your thoughts and feelings with her. If you’re aren’t sure how to start, say something like, “When you told me your period was late, I felt ___________. Now that I’ve had a little time to think about it and hear what you’re saying, I feel _______.” Consider talking with a confidant.
5. Learn about your options. Don’t check out or pressure her about the pregnancy. Commit to exploring your options together and get help to make your relationship better.
Your support during this time means so much to her regardless of your relationship status. You don’t have to be married in order to fulfill any of these steps. If you have any questions or would like for your partner to schedule a visit, give us a call today and we can walk you through the steps to receive the free services we offer.