If you are pregnant, you have three different options
- parenting or
Do you have full information on each option? Rockville Women’s Center is your best first step in providing you with critical information you need on pregnancy or abortion options. Each of these options is very common, but making the decision isn’t always easy. Before deciding the outcome of your pregnancy, it is important to answer these three questions.
Am I really pregnant?
Even if you have a positive home pregnancy test, the pregnancy may not continue. Up to 1 in 5 pregnancies end on their own. Ultrasound is the only way to determine if your pregnancy is proceeding. It is also important to rule out the possibility of a
dangerous ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy located in the Fallopian tubes).
How far along in the pregnancy am I?
Gestational age determines your due date and impacts your pregnancy options. Only an ultrasound exam can accurately determine gestational age. You need this critical information
Is it important to know if I have an STD?
Having an untreated STD will jeopardize your reproductive health and could cause serious complications like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.
At your appointment
• You will meet with your caring Patient Advocate who will take important information down to better help us help you.
• You will then meet with a Nurse who will take down important reproductive health history information. She will also explain what tests will be performed during your visit and answer any questions you may have.
• You will provide us with a urine sample which the Nurse will use to perform a pregnancy test and an STD test (Chlamydia and Gonorrhea only).
• If your pregnancy test is positive, you will go for an ultrasound to determine if the fetus is alive and how far along you are.
• If your pregnancy is proceeding, the Nurse will discuss your pregnancy or abortion options, your risks and potential side effects.
• You will be provided with a customized list of medical and/or community referrals if necessary.
• Another appointment will be scheduled within one week to go over test results.
All of our services are completely free. We are privately funded by individuals who are committed to giving women, like you, unbiased information regarding their pregnancy. Since we do not financially benefit from your visit, we can be completely objective. You can rest assured we do not have a financial conflict of interest, and best of all, it is done in an caring, non-judgemental way.