18 Mar Covid-19 Update
Facts not Fear
The world is facing a COVID-19 pandemic and there is so much information, some of which is misinformation. Here in our nation, people have emptied grocery stores to the point where stores are limiting the number of certain items that can be purchased by one person. Stores are even asking customers to buy less and think about others who may really need the items. Can you imagine, a store asking you to buy less? How are you responding to the COVID-19 crisis?
The Rockville Women’s Center is taking all precautions to ensure that our clients, volunteers, and staff remain healthy and safe. RWC is no stranger to crisis management. Our purpose is to help women manage life’s adversities when they are facing an unplanned pregnancy. So using our experience and skills, we are managing through the challenging time of this outbreak.
We cannot tell you how to feel, but we do understand that fear of the unknown can appear real.
Here are a few tips:
· Every crisis creates new opportunities; think outside the box.
· Turn off any form of media that is fanning the flames of fear.
· Seek facts from a credible source and do what you can to remain healthy.
· Get the facts. Gather information that will help you accurately determine your risk so that you can take reasonable precautions.
· Wash your hands, wash your hands, wash your hands.
· Use hand sanitizer.
Remember, our best days are in front of us, not behind us. We are in this together.